Jan 22, 2013

resolutions



i know, people have been talking about their resolutions for this year and they've moved on to talk about other things.
where i am still thinking about my resolutions. there are three of them.
one, no more meat eating. two, more and regular yoga practice. three, the spiritual quest of finding out what i really want to do. while the last one is an overall task for anybody and more abstract, i just realized that my first two resolutions actually belong together. in a way at least. i have been contemplating whether or not I should quit eating meat many many times. they are phases, where i turn the pros and cons of being a meat eater vs. vegetarian over and over. and then i have a burger. or a stake, because i decide that eating healthy and conscious is right, and a piece of good meat every once in while doesn't hurt (actually this is what i am thinking right now). 
but after i had another phase of thinking about vegetarianism i decided to give it a try. for once. without declaring myself as a vegetarian and without making a fuss about it. i decided that it wouldn't be a big change, since i hardly ever cook with meat anyway.
it's been two weeks since, i've failed once by accident (i had 'maultaschen' without thinking about the ingredients … so much to conscious) and yesterday i thought i'd fail again while having a meat crave like no other finding myself at the butchers bar in a shopping center. instead of buying a delicious salami i ran into the book section of the store to save myself (or my resolution). books make me calm. and stumbled upon this book. i've heard a lot about jonathan safran foer's book, good things and bad, i've read everything is illuminated and extremely loud and incredibly close and fell in love with these stories (and still need watch the movies). due to the circumstances i decided to go for this one as well. i am curious where it will take me on my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment